Outlook Best Practices
Opening Multiple Windows for Email, Calendar, and Tasks
You can use multiple windows to quickly toggle between Email, Calendar, and Tasks. This video shows you how.
Converting Emails to Tasks in Microsoft Outlook
Using right-drag, you can copy emails to attachments inside new tasks. This video shows you how.
Syncing Outlook and iOS Reminders with Categories
These instructions presume you already have set up your iOS device to synchronise Outlook tasks to the Reminders app. Contact your IT department for support if this is not the case.
Because Reminders does not preserve the task categories, we can use folders in Outlook tasks instead to create useful categorisation for viewing action lists on iOS devices. This video shows how.
- No additional software required
- Allows you to view select items in Reminders lists
- Changes synchronise both ways
- Requires effort to remember to drag items in to the correct place
- Whatever category folder is last highlighted is the one used for the ctrl+shift+k creation of new tasks by default
- Likewise, when right-dragging to create tasks from emails, whatever category folder is last highlighted is the one used
- For the above reasons, using category folders is probably most appropriate for a key subset (like Home/Errands) of categories you really want to see on the phone, rather than a comprehensive way to use GTD contexts
Converting an Email to a Task in a Task Folder in Microsoft Outlook
Using right-drag, you can copy emails to attachments inside new tasks and have them show up in specific task folders. This video shows you how.